Harris Hall 5170
Office hours: Tuesday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Critical language theories
Daliborka Padon joined the Department of Focused Inquiry in 2020. She has been teaching first-year writing since 2011 at research universities and community colleges, working with traditional and non-traditional students from various linguistic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds. She loves working with first-year students, discovering their insecurities, and helping them become confident in their writing, research, and life in general. When not reading student work, she delivers Meals on Wheels, grows tomatoes, travels, and rides bikes.
- Ph.D.- Rhetoric & Composition, The University of Texas at El Paso
- M.A.- Applied Linguistics, Old Dominion University
- B.S.- Transportation Technologies, University of Ljubljana
- UNIV 111
- UNIV 112
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award, Department of English, The University of Texas at El Paso, 2015
- Dodson Dissertation Research Grant ($1125), Graduate School, The University of Texas at El Paso, 2015
- Recognition of Excellence for Outstanding Teaching, Department of English, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA, 2012