Troy A. Martin
Harris Hall 5147
Office hours: Monday, 12 p.m.-2 p.m.; Wednesday, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
social and cultural foundations of education
sociology of education
critical animal studies
Troy Martin joined the Department of Focused Inquiry in 2016. Prior to joining the department, he taught at George Mason University, UNC-Greensboro, and Elon University. Receiving his PhD in mid-career, Dr. Martin previously worked in social work and youth development. He holds an MSW from UNC-Chapel Hill and a BA in English and Education Studies from Guilford College.
- Ph.D.- Educational Studies with a Concentration in Cultural Foundations
- M.S.W.-Social Work
- B.A.-English and Education Studies
- UNIV 111 Focused Inquiry I
- UNIV 112 Focused Inquiry II
- UNIV 299 What's the Big Idea about Human-Animal Relations?
- American Educational Studies Association (AESA)