Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What are exceptions for switching instructors from UNIV 111 to UNIV 112?

A: A student may only switch instructor and cohort if they have a scheduling conflict with a mandatory course for their major that has no other sections that can be taken at the time of their UNIV section.

Q: What does it mean when I get “class restriction” for a UNIV course?

A: Certain courses have restrictions placed on them for specific class levels (freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior) to be able to self-register for them. For UNIV 111 and 112, students with 23 credits or fewer (freshman) are able to self-register.

Q: How do I know if a course is Service Learning?

A: Courses that are Service Learning will require community service hours after class along with class participation and attendance. When registering for the service learning section, in E-Services under “attribute section” it will have service learning listed.